Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yum Yum Potato Soup

I LOVE potato soup. So does Kyle. So one night I decided I would attempt to make some. Not from a mix either. And it turned out really great! So I thought I would document my recipe here! The only thing I may do differently next time would be to add veggies, like celery or something equally green. :)

6 cups chicken broth
6 cups cubed potatoes
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 pkg cream cheese

In a large pot, bring to a boil the chicken broth, cubed potatoes, seasoning salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. (If using veggies, now would be the time to add them as well.) Let them softly boil at medium heat until potatoes are soft and break apart easily. (You can mash them a bit to make the soup more smooth than chunky.) Reduce heat, and add cream cheese. Stir until melted completely. 
We like crumbled bacon on top. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment