Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quiche

Today I made quiche! I've always wanted to try it...never knew it was so simple! I kind of based my recipe off of a Paula Deen recipe, but mostly ignored the measurements. I had almost forgot to photograph it...I remembered after we had already eaten half! :)
I miss cooking...This was fun.





Spinach and Bacon Quiche

6 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (I used half and half)
baby spinach
bacon cooked and crumbled
cheese (I used a mixture of mozzarella, colby jack, and feta)
9in refrigerated pie crust
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375.
Beat the eggs and blend (in a blender) with the milk, salt and pepper.
In the pie crust, layer spinach, bacon, and cheese. (I eyeballed this-its all about personal preference.)
Pour egg and milk mixture on top. (I didn't end up using all of the milk/egg mixture.)
Place it in the oven. Cook for 35-45 minutes or until egg is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment