Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chef in Training

I'm addicted to cooking shows. I just want to learn how to cook. I LOVE it. Tonight, Kyle and I made a zucchini parmesan soup. Well, I made it, he fried up some bacon to crumble on top. It turned out really good! Even my mom liked it, which is saying something. ;) We baked some pita with a little bit of salt to make some pita chips for a side.


I think this is close to the recipe we used...

1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 large zucchinis roughly chopped
salt
3 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Heat oil in sauce pan. Add garlic, zucchini and salt to taste. Cook for a few minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Allow to cool slightly and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat. Add cheese and cream.

1 comment: